Pragmatic 31: It’s Supposed To Be Raining
30th July 2014
- Weather Forecasting
- Synoptic Scale Meterology
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Dark Sky: A Weather App To Keep You Dry (Review)
- Weather Data and Content Sources
- Numerical Weather Prediction
- Ensemble Forecasting
- Weather Balloons
- Monte Carlo (Method)
- Tropical Cyclone Scales
- Cyclone Joy
- Cyclone Oswald
- Historical Huricane Tracks
- Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale
- Fujita Tornado Damage Scale
- NOAA’s Weather Supercomputers Get Massive Upgrade
- Why are snowstorm forecasts sometimes so wrong?
- The Secrets of Weather Forecast Models, Exposed
- How Do Weather Models Work?
Weather Apps Joel and John Use:
Movies Mentioned in this Episode:
LIFX is a smart lightbulb that gives you previously unheard of control of your lighting. Each bulb is Wi-Fi enabled, can give you light in whatever colour of the rainbow you like, and is an energy efficient LED light bulb that you can control with your smartphone. For developers LIFX are running a competition with great prizes please check it out and submit your app by the 25th of July, 2014.
Visit lifx.co/pragmatic and use the Coupon Code PRAGMATIC for 15% off the total price of your order.
If you’re looking for some Mac software that can do Many Tricks remember to specifically visit the URL below for more information about their amazingly useful apps.
Visit manytricks.com/pragmatic and use the Coupon Code (listen to the episode to get the code) for 25% off the total price of your order. Hurry it’s only for a limited time!
RSS ITUNES GOOGLE PLAY STITCHER IHEART RADIO TUNEIN RADIO OVERCAST POCKETCASTS CASTRO